Things to try out in Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, the capital and largest city of South Korea, has emerged to be a chief global city. The city has fancy boutiques and chic departmental stores selling everything from tasty dried seafood to sexy outfits.
This lively city has many things to offer to the tourists, so when you visit Seoul make sure to explore some of the hotspots or some little known places. Here is the comprehensive list of activities:
- Gyeongbok Palace: - Built in the late 1300s, this example of imperial beauty is in northern Seoul, South Korea. Gyeongbok when translated in English known as “Palace Greatly Blessed by Heaven.” This regal palace is the ideal place to relax, featuring a fascinating blend of greenery and flawless architecture.
- Bukchon Village: - Bordered and embraced by two imperial structures – Changdeok Palace to the east and Gyeongbok Palace to the west, this village is the huddle of attractive Korean wooden homes in Seoul. Fantastic things like art galleries, restaurants, and old-world cafes also surround the village. The convenient way to get to Bukchon is to take subway line 3 to Anguk Station and take Exit 3.
- Shinsegae Department Store: - The store features more than 1,000 diverse luxury brands. It displays mostly the best brands ranging from top three international brands to new designer brands. The best part about visiting this store is that the area offers plenty of sightseeing opportunities after shopping. The store is closed only on one Monday in a month.
- Itaewon: - This is the hub of famous bars, restaurants, nightclubs, and the most renowned shops selling trendy items at cheap rates. Shop for tailored clothes, traditional and modern jewelry, and attractively designed Korean pots at cheap rates in Itaewon. For late evening fun, head towards Club Volume, Crown Hotel, and dine at Kate’s Kitchen. If you want to taste the true French wine, head to the famous French wine bar and bistro, or Le Saint Ex. Both these places are popular with the Sunday Brunch crowd.
- War Memorial of Korea: - This is the best place to learn about Korea’s glorious history. However, recognized by the world as a war memorial, in fact it is a huge military history museum displaying tanks, guns, and planes.