Finest Places to Buy Souvenirs, Arts and Handicrafts in Penang, Malaysia
Penang is a beautiful state in Malaysia and the popular holiday spot to spend few days in peace with your family. Shopping, eating, sightseeing and relaxing in peace are some of things that Penang has to offer.
Penang caters to niche visitors possessing different needs and likes. If you are foodie and wish to try something different and unique, Penang has many local and high restaurants that serve scrumptious local cuisines.
Shopping is the foremost thing tourists include on the top of their tour plan. Penang has many specialized shops selling stylish and modern handicrafts, sari and art work. Some of the places you can visit for fulfilling your shopping desires include:
- Yahong Art Gallery: It is one of the few dealers in Penang who sell good quality products at pocket-friendly rates. This show showcases unique collection of antiques, paintings, handicrafts and jewelry. This art gallery also displays a beautiful collection of batik paintings by professional and famous champs from the art world. You can also buy matted prints of some of the batik paintings in this shop. It also sells pure batik cotton and silk fabrics.
- Address: 58-D Batu Ferringhi Road, Ferringhi Batu, Penang Malaysia.
- Rao Saree Centre: In Penang there are many tailors who design beautiful dress and sari for females, although their charges are quite high. The price differs from shop to shop. Rao Saree Centre is an exception in Penang, and sells variety of stylish clothes. The best part about this shop is that you can choose your material from the huge rag containing various colorful, sparkling cloths. One can expect to get the stitched dress in few hours of time from this shop.
- Address: 96 Penang Street, 10200 Penang, Malaysia.
- Hong Joo: This is the ideal shop where you can purchase variety of art and handicrafts. If you wish to buy memento for your loved ones, visit this shop in Penang. The shop has beautiful collection of old ivory that can be used for decorating your house. Price here are a bit expensive, but you will be assured of the quality and uniqueness. Hong Joo also provides free shipping.
- Address: 368-370 Penang Road, Georgetown, Malaysia.
Shop for the souvenirs, art work and handicrafts at the best possible rates in Penang. Search more about these shops before moving to Penang for a vacation. Book cheap Malaysia holiday packages offered by Plentyrooms. Visit us @ www.plentyrooms.com